This page includes links to resources to go along with my Pond Ecology Unit. Find the Pond Ecology Unit and other nature-based science units in my Shop!
1.) Free pond and ecology worksheets from Wild Earth Lab
2.) Pond & Ecosystem Posts and Tutorials from Wild Earth Lab
3.) Pond Activities & Websites for Kids & Families (external links)
- The National Wildlife Federation’s page on Biodiversity
- University of California Santa Barbara has a kid’s page on Freshwater Biomes!
- A huge selection of articles written for kids on topics in ecology, from the National Institute of Environmental Health: invasive species, algae blooms, riparian areas, pollinators, and tons more!
- The Food Chain in a pond, from the Virginia Dept. of Education
- Info about frogs from Boulder County Nature Detectives!
4.) Pond ecosystem reference websites for educators and parents (external links)
- Free pond ecology curriculum ideas from Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute
- Wetland materials for students and teachers from the Environmental Protection Agency
- Penn State has a free “What’s wrong with my pond” lesson plan. This one is great for older children.
- University of Florida Aquatic & Marine Ecosystems curriculum includes tons of free handouts and activity ideas!