This page includes links to resources to go along with my Pond Ecology Unit. Find the Pond Ecology Unit and other nature-based science units in my Shop!
1.) Free pond and ecology worksheets from Wild Earth Lab
2.) Pond & Ecosystem Posts and Tutorials from Wild Earth Lab
3.) Pond Activities & Websites for Kids & Families (external links)
- The National Wildlife Federation’s page on Biodiversity
- University of California Santa Barbara has a kid’s page on Freshwater Biomes!
- A huge selection of articles written for kids on topics in ecology, from the National Institute of Environmental Health: invasive species, algae blooms, riparian areas, pollinators, and tons more!
- The Food Chain in a pond, from the Virginia Dept. of Education
- Info about frogs from Boulder County Nature Detectives!
4.) Pond ecosystem reference websites for educators and parents (external links)
- Free pond ecology curriculum ideas from Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute
- Wetland materials for students and teachers from the Environmental Protection Agency
- Penn State has a free “What’s wrong with my pond” lesson plan. This one is great for older children.
- University of Florida Aquatic & Marine Ecosystems curriculum includes tons of free handouts and activity ideas!
5.) More from Wild Earth Lab
Subscribe to receive informative blog posts about science, sustainability, and nature delivered straight to your inbox!
Join 150 other subscribers