This page includes links to resources to go along with my Tree Frog Unit. Find the Tree Frog Unit and other nature-based STEM units in my Shop!
1.) Fold a jumping frog video tutorial
2.) Tree frog research project reference websites
- If you live in the U.S., your state parks and wildlife website is a great place to start. I’ve put together a list of state websites for you here.
- The Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute website has info on amphibian species, including some common tree frogs.
- Amphibia Web is a great frog resource for older students.
- Amphibian species of the world, from the American Natural History Museum.
3.) Learn more about tree frogs (external links)
- Listen to Sound Recordings of various frog species, from the Smithsonian.
- Great background info on tree frogs, from the National Wildlife Federation.
- North Carolina Zoo’s jumping activity – a great way to build even further upon the math activities from the Tree Frog unit.
- An article about tree frog biomimicry and tire tread!
4.) More from Wild Earth Lab
Subscribe to receive informative blog posts about science, sustainability, and nature delivered straight to your inbox!
Join 134 other subscribers