This page is dedicated to birds of prey/raptor-related online resources to go along with my Birds of Prey Unit!
Doing a school project on raptors?
Print my free Wildlife Research Project worksheets:
Bird of Prey posts from Wild Earth Lab:
Bird and raptor species info, range maps, and identification websites:
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s All About Birds website
- The National Audubon Society‘s website
- The National Wildlife Federation has information on several common birds of prey
- USGS’s Patuxent Bird Identification InfoCenter has information to help identify North American birds, including birds of prey
- I’ve also put together a list of wildlife websites by U.S. state. Find your state’s website for information on bird of prey species in your area!
Free Raptor Activities for Kids
- Free raptor activity books, masks, puppets and games from the University of Minnesota’s Raptor Center
- Audubon for Kids Raptor Poetry Activities
- Audubon for Kids Owl info, drawing tutorials, crafts, videos and more!
- Sacramento Audubon Society – Red-tailed Hawk information for kids and printable bird games
- Boulder County Nature Detective’s Questing for Kestrels: kestrel info for kids and origami activity!
- Cascades Raptor Center: Activities, reading list, crafts and more!
*many of these free resources come from raptor centers. You can support your local raptor center through volunteering or donating!
More from Wild Earth Lab:
- Learn how raptors are connected to other animals through Food Webs with the Food Webs Unit!
- For your littlest learners, practice the ABCs while learning about wildlife with thisAlphabet in Nature Unit!